Day 1: Drive from Tana to the Bandro Park
Drive from Tana to Andreba, Overnight at the Camp Bandro or with the local people.
Day 2: Visit of the Lake Alaotra Bamboo Lemur or the Bandro
Very early morning canoe trip to visit the Lake Alaotra and to see the local endemic Lake Alaotra Bamboo Lemur locally called Bandro and other water birds species
Back to the village of Andreba and stay with the local people, Overnight at the Camp Bandro or with the local community
Day 3: Drive and hike to Zahamena National Park
Early morning drive to Antanandava which is the entrance of the Zahamena National Park, meet the local guide and the porters .
Start the visit of the Zahamena National Park: possibility to see the Indri - Indri which is the biggest lemur specie in Madagascar, spiders and plants
After 6 hours walk, Camping inside the National park
Day 4: Trek to the natural swimming pool in Zahamena National Park
Trek to the natural swimming pool under the waterfall, possibility to see the Giant millipedes and the Indri Indri. Camping at Bemoara camping ground
Day 5: Visit of the primary forest of Zahamena National Park
From Bemoara, Start the trek to the primary forest of the Zahamena: look for the nest of the Aye Aye (Daubentonia Madagascariensis), the most endangered mammal in the world.
the camping site will depend and where we'll see the nest of the Aye Aye, night walk to see this world strangest animal
Day 6: Walk back to the entrance of the Park and drive to Andreba village
Walk back to Bemoara then to the entrance of the Zahamena National Park, drive back to Andreba village, Overnight at the Camp Bandro or with the local people.
Day 7: Drive back to Tana or to Andasibe – Mantadia National Park
Here, you choose if you would like to drive back to Tana or to continue with the visit of Andasibe National Park (Indri tour) which can lead you up to Sainte Marie Island (Green tour)
This price includes:
- The 4WD during the whole tour - The hotels or the accommodation by the local community in Andreba and the overnight in Vavatenina
- The dugout canoe to visit the lake Alaotra
- The entrance fees to the Bandro Park and to the Zahamena National Park
- The porters for the kitchen utensil and the camping equipment.
- Tent and mattress and pillows
- Full board during the trek and camping in the Zahamena National Park
This price does not include:
- Your food and drinks except for the camping tour in the Zahamena National Park - Your sleeping bags
- The local guide and the porters for your own luggage